Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions:
Do you charge for an initial consultation?
- No. Your first 30 minute consultation is free.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
- Bring any documents that you have been given by the police, such as a promise to appear, recognizance or any notices . It is also helpful to write down what happened in your case while it is fresh in your mind and to bring a copy with you.
What will this cost?
- Every case is different, so it is impossible to estimate fees before meeting with you and knowing more about the case. You receive a quote based on the complexity of the case and how much time it is expected to take. We try to work with ‘block fees’ so that you know upfront how much the case will cost.
Do you accept Legal Aid certificates?
- Yes. You can contact Legal Aid Ontario at 1-866-668-8258 to see if you qualify.
I have been charged with an offence outside of Ottawa. Would you accept this case?
- We travel to courts outside of Ottawa including L’Orignal, Renfrew, Perth, Pembroke, Smith Falls, Cornwall, Alexandria, and Morrisburg.
If you have any other questions, please give us a call at 613-702-3328.